October 19, 1955
Born in Des Moines, Iowa
Dunlap Elementary, Des Moines. Attended the Drake Relays in 1967 and 1968 on a field trip, first time exposure to world-class track and field.
Moved to Northwest Wisconsin in the summer of 1968. Webster Junior and Senior High Schools. Started running in September 1971 and passed 60,500 miles as of February 2017. Used to run 20 miles in 5+ per mile.
Became a Christian after reading a free New Testament at the University of Wisconsin-Superior in 1976. Graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato with a BS-Public Health with honors.
Grad assistant coach at Western Kentucky University. The cross country team was sixth at the NCAA Division 1 Championships, first in the Ohio Valley Conference with a perfect 15 points. Graduated from WKU with a Master of Public Health with honors.
Started in world-class track and field ministries in 1981 and continued until 2014 before expanding to all sports. Ministry headquarters were in Eugene, Dallas-Fort Worth, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and Madison, Wisconsin. Ministered to hundreds of Olympic caliber athletes through nine Olympics.
Started BigPlanetWatch.com which provides Worldwide News to Discern the Times, plus Track and Field Report.
4 WINDS expanded to all sports, instead of just world-class track and field, and became a ministry that stands up for Christian athletes. Ministry headquarters remain in Madison, Wisconsin.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; of they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and of they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.